Wednesday 24 April 2013

Monday Comes Around Too Soon....

            So it’s Wednesday and I have prepared my excuses for why I didn’t post an update on Monday:
1)    I was out of office all of Monday morning and had to catch up on work when I got back, so had no time.
2)    I gave blood yesterday (no net calorie loss) and was pretty lightheaded so had to focus pretty hard on work.
3)    I was saving Saturn from a natural disaster.
4)    A mixture of some or all of the above.

Pick and choose as you please. Whichever choice you make, my totals for last week are below.
Monday: 57 calories under.
Tuesday: 72 calories under.
Wednesday: 52 calories under.
Thursday: -325 calories under. (moving)
Friday: 5 calories under.
Saturday: -366 calories under.
Sunday: 1149 calories under. (gym)
Week Total: 639 calories under.
Weight: 243lbs.
This is a perfect example of me not doing very well at self-monitoring my diet. I was treated to a meal on Thursday night by a friend whom I helped move in to their new flat, Saturday I drank more beer than I should have done and didn’t walk anywhere near enough as I could have and Sunday I panicked and over compensated – I missed breakfast, pushed myself at the gym and didn’t really eat enough to make up both of those actions. Having totalled it up, I’m glad it worked out this way after being concerned I’d blown my calorie limit. I was slightly aware Sunday was a mistake and ate a little more on Monday this week to compensate but not by much.
On the other hand, four days of the week were pretty damn optimal which I’m really impressed with – especially as I didn’t have to exercise to achieve it. I was starting to think that it might be worth going to the gym more regularly so that I can get a head start on shaping my body a little more but after a chat with my brother (who is much more up to date and savvy when it comes to this kind of thing) about it seems a better idea to lose the weight first and finish shaping my body that way before I try anything else. Having given it more thought these appeals to me not just because it means I can be a little more laid back about having an exercise regime but also because it makes sense; my main focus is weight loss and I shouldn’t lose sight of that.
Eventually I’ll be able to offer advice on how to do everything else is done via dieting and exercise but for now I’ll stick to weight loss. I’m still shedding pounds an am on target to be under 17 stone mid-May. I might throw a party to celebrate, after jogging around the block a few times to work back some pints.
      

P.S. A quick thank you to everyone who mentioned they read this blog in the last week, it's encouraging to know I'm not just scrawling this on the wall of the internet. Feel free to comment or drop questions if you feel the need. I have no qualifications as a dietian apart from doing it myself, but I am happy to offer what I can.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Chad, I agree with your attitude! If you stick to walking every day that's going to be a more significant change than trying to punish yourself at the gym for money twice a week! Sounds like you're doing really well man, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete