Tuesday 19 March 2013

Week 2 Progress Report

            I appreciate this is, in fact, Tuesday and not Monday but Monday turned out to be a lot busier than I expected. I also appreciate I haven’t updated this in a week, but last week turned out to be a lot busier than I expected as well. However, since I’ve finally found some time I thought I’d get this done so –TAADAA! This is the Week 2 Progress Report!
Monday: -210 Calories
Tuesday: +456 Calories [Gym]
Wednesday: +98 Calories [Gym]
Thursday: +208 Calories
Friday: +238 Calories
Saturday: -774 Calories
Sunday: +101 Calories [Gym]
Total Balance: +117 Calories.
Weight: 251lbs
            Woo! A nearly balanced week! Definitely what I was going for by eating an entire stuffed-crust pizza on Saturday. No other reason at all…
            In truth, I was really disappointed about my Saturday eating, even if in retrospect it was necessary to balance my week up. Partly, I was very hungry and needed something substantial to eat. Mostly it was because I had to wait an hour and a half for a pizza after the self-confessed drunk driver couldn’t find my friends’ flat and I worked myself into a fuming state as the time wore on, imaging various ways of attacking my local Domino’s outlet for maximum strategic efficiency, one of which involved my car. Fortunately, the driver who did turn up was not the man who had called me earlier and my pizza was hot and, quite probably, a whole new pizza after the drunk delivery driver had made a break for Scotland with his stolen supply of other people’s pizza.
            After devouring the whole thing in about twenty minutes I wasn’t satisfied at all and just felt like I’d clogged my veins with the semi-solid food equivalent of pure disappointment. As of that fateful day, I swore myself off Domino’s forever pending emergencies. In future I will just make something of my own or go for Chinese. No, not any healthier but in the event that I need to recover some calories for the week or want take out, that is going to be my cuisine of choice.
            I am very happy with Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, as well as Monday because I’ve cut down on my day-to-day variance a lot. Despite this, I do save up a lot of calories over the course of the week which isn’t good – I’m basing my diet on a lower limit so if I go below that technically I’m crash dieting which is apparently a bad idea according to science. I’m not sure if a Saturday binge is the correct solution to saving 400-800 calories during the week but it means I can still enjoy myself on a night out without panicking about my diet.
            I’ve also lost a lot of weight, which is good, and I’m starting to feel it – I’ve got a lot more energy and occasionally break out into a jog or run spontaneously, for example while I was waiting at Gatwick to pick my dad up I started jogging around the McDonalds car park to help fight the urge to go in a gorge myself. It worked, and I gained an insight into how animals at zoos feel because a number of the patrons stared in outright shock, disbelief and astonishment at me while I did circuits.
*******************************************************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about how many calories you have left over at the end of the week. It's not crash dieting, because you are still eating normally during the week. Some weeks I have loads of calories left, others I'm up to the limit and I don't like those weeks, the weeks I have more left are a bit better!
    Glad it is working for you though and well done for sticking with it! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete