Monday 11 March 2013

Week One Progress Report

            So the first week of my drastic new dietary plan is over and I’m still alive. This disproves my long-held suspicion that exercise would kill me, which was a pleasant surprise. Below are the stats for last week; ‘+’ numbers are calories saved and ‘-‘ are how many calories over I went that day:
Monday: +772 [Gym]
Tueday: -569
Wednesday: +336 [Gym]
Thursday: +537 [Gym]
Friday: +181
Saturday: -337 [Gym]
Sunday: -371
Week Total: +549 calories.
Weight as of 11.03.2013 AM: 255lbs [-5]
That’s right – the week is a success! Despite a large amount of rum on Saturday night and a stuffed crust Meatilicous Pizza from Dominos I have managed to balance my weekly calories intake, more or less. While I appreciate it’s not a total success in that I did go over on three of the seven days in all fairness this was due to birthday celebrations and since I only get one of those a year it is very unlikely I will have a second – for one thing, I won’t be drinking for 7 hours straight every Saturday night in the future. Equally, I will be avoiding Dominos pizza in the future when possible.
I managed to hit the gym four out of seven days, which is good – to clarify my original statement about going to the gym I aim to be going to the gym every day by the end of three months. I know I didn’t make that clear at all before so I thought I should do so now as it seemed appropriate. I lazed out on Sunday but judging by how sore I was on Sunday I think it might have been a good idea not to go. I am recovered and after some rearrangement to my evening I will be going to the gym tonight, making a good start to the week.
Finally, while I appear to have lost 5lbs in a week I’m putting some of this down to day-to-day variance rather than an extremely efficient weight-loss plan. I’m also aware – and I am oft reminded – if I lose too much weight too fast my body will go into weight retention mode and it will become very difficult to lose weight which is why I’m not overly upset about not meeting my daily calorie intake exactly – ideally, I want the above numbers to be in double digits rather than triple so my diet meets the calorie allowance more closely and constantly rather than having a massive variance day-to-day.
Again, thank you to everyone for being as supportive as they are of my endeavour and thank you to anyone who sent me birthday messages! I had a great first week and I’m actually looking forward to future weeks working to meet my goals more closely.
JC

2 comments:

  1. You are doing amazingly well, 5lb loss is awesome! And you are most definitely allowed a treat for your birthday! Keep going, well done!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Tom says maybe don't go to the gym every day (I know you're not at the moment), but he suggests varying it up, just so it doesn't get boring, so maybe running, or a spin class or something.
    We find now we've been using mfp for a while and get to know quickly how much certain foods are calorie wise. So we have diet fizzy drinks which are not calorific at all, but Tom will avoid beer when he can as it is higher in calories (or he drinks beer when he's done a long run or been to the gym). I love my chocolate but don't eat half as much as I used to unless I've been running or something. I try to run in the morning if I know I'm going out for dinner for example, as you can't control the calories half as much when you are out as you can at home! xxx

    ReplyDelete