Wednesday 31 July 2013

5 months, 3 stone, 1,000 views



            I’m now 219pds, magically staying on target for a 2pd/week loss despite an all you can eat Chinese Buffet on Thursday and a large hot-dog-stuffed-crust Pizza Hut Supreme last night. Who said a diet had to be healthy?
            I’ll tackle the buffet first; I starved myself for most of the day to allow for the calorie in take I expected. I still overshot but I ate so much I couldn’t even look at food until about 5pm on Friday. Even then it wasn’t a friendly look. My stomach hated me and threatened to burst on Thursday night, promising my brain with a massive hydrochloric acid spill should I ever try to eat 6 plates of food again. I only ate so much because I was trying to out do two of the girls at the meal – because stuffing your face is massively attractive, of course – and even then I only managed to beat one of them by on plate while drawing even with the other.
            Both of them are slim, don’t have an ounce of fat between them and never eat any food. I thought I had it in the bag. Unfortunately having trained my stomach not to eat large amounts of food for four months worked against me. Foiled by my own success! And, in part, the surprisingly impressive appetites of two co-workers.
            So that is excusable since it was basically two day’s worth of calories. As for the pizza, it’s a similar case – I gave one slice away and only managed a third of it even after missing a meal earlier in the day. The rest is breakfast and dinner today. I guess that doesn’t make it over-eating, but I have been getting some suspicious looks from people when I use phrases like ‘buffet’, ‘all you can eat’ and ‘hot dog stuffed crust’ in the same sentence as ‘diet’. I like to think of it as a really middle-class rationing system – I get to eat what I want over the course of several days. The pizza even had vegetables on it! And there was a salad bar at the buffet restaurant but it looked so pretty, like some kind of floral display, I couldn’t bring myself to ruin it. Yes, that is actually the reason I’m giving for not touching any vegetables at the buffet. It’s my official party line and I will stick to it.
            In other news I’m about to lose my job – boo hiss – which is relevant to my diet for two reasons: First, I won’t be doing the walk to and from work so will have to actually start putting time aside for exercise. Second, I will have to cancel my gym membership.
            Since I’ll have a lot more free time on my hands, making time for exercise won’t be such an issue. And taking into account my I don’t actually go the gym enough to warrant the subscription cost cancelling my membership is more of a positive thing. What I will be doing is starting to walk or even jog/run around my area, because it’s free and the weather is nice. There is also no one around any more since schools have broken up so when I collapse from exhaustion there won’t be any witnesses. I accept this means if I am in need of actual medical attention it might be a long time coming and I could be in real trouble but hopefully I’ll recover after being inert for a few minutes.
            The other thing I’m finding is that all of my fat is kind of running back to sustain Gregory. For more information on who/what Gregory is refer back to my previous entries but a short explanation is ‘my belly’. This means that I’m losing a lot of weight everywhere except the second most obvious one, the first being my face apparently as that’s what everyone comments on. And yes, I do love hearing about how great and beautiful my face is looking I would really appreciate it if I could lose some shape from my gut. I’ve looked into it and it’s the last place people lose fat properly from, usually, and to do so quickly requires the practice of several exercises that I do not enjoy but will have to start doing. Some of them, however, seem to be designed for people who have no gut to lose – it is physically impossible to do one of them if you’re fat due to the way you have to bend, for example, but it is advertised as a ‘way to flatten you’re stomach’. Yeah, maybe if you had a binge and feel fat. Not if you are actually fat. So I assume this is for physical hypochondriacs who think putting on a pound after a night out is ‘being fat’ or not having muscles that can repel bullets is ‘being out of shape’.
            I won’t be letting myself go, except to ‘go exercise’.  I’ve been jobless before and it was bad; I’ll deal with it better this time. My prospects are much better and if it really comes down to it I won’t actually be able to afford food which can only help my diet. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment