Tuesday 9 July 2013

Keep on rolling

Two weeks without a post! Have I forgotten? No, just little to say really. I’ve had a massive binge for the last five days on alcohol BUT I apparently did enough walking/not eating to keep it off – I am now officially below the 16 stone mark! My weight is now 223lbs, half way to my target and well within my timescale. This, obviously makes me happy.

Having said this, I still find things to be disappointed in – if we can’t find flaws, we’re not looking hard enough. I’ve not been going to the gym much at all (twice in two weeks, hardcore work out schedule right there!) and while I am getting enough exercise by walking around and/or forgetting to MOT my car I don’t feel I’m working enough to build up as well as work off. That’s right; I plan to be in shape rather than just ‘not fat’. You ain’t nothing if you ain’t go ambition – one of the few phrases I’ll use the word ‘ain’t’ in because I imagine it being said by Rocky. Or possible Dwayne Johnson. Either way, it’s my current motivational line for myself and it’s been working out okay thus far. So I will get round to focusing more on work out rather that just working off. 

When is a problem, though. I have far too many social obligations to meet for me to be able to dedicate time to the gym on any kind of schedule. Currently, it’s looking like Saturday and Sunday mornings which is going to mean I will have to man-up and face my hangovers rather than just curl in a ball and sob incoherently, which is my current method. To get around my time issue I’m instituting my old loading-screen strategy from university (again). This entails doing ten press ups in each loading screen while I’m playing games (more if the game is AvP2 or C&C Generals because they have a load screen almost too long for my attention span). While not apparently intense I see a good 5-20 loading screens depending on how busy my night is/how many times I die before giving up so should go some way towards helping in that regard; 50-200 push ups a night seems a fairly all right amount, but I’m fat so what do I know about working out?

As I said, I’ve spent the last five days pretty much subsisting on alcohol, occasional supported by barbecued meat and brioche. There was far too little bacon for my preference but that complaint was registered and acknowledged so I guess I could let it drop. Maybe. Either way, my diet was terrible and it’s possibly only because I walked everywhere (including from Balham to Tooting beneath the blazing sun for almost 3 hours – not bitter, just burnt) that I didn’t put on any serious weight. However, even while drinking I tried to stay aware of what I was doing calorie wise, favouring spirits except when I hadn’t eaten and trying to balance my food-to-alcohol intake so that I could survive and not require too much drink to become drunk. I feel it worked, but apparently I let the side down a bit on Sunday by kicking a chair in my local pub. Sorry everyone; my bad. I don’t remember doing it but I don’t actually remember many specific details for a two hour period. Shout out to George for chatting to me outside for 40 minutes, definitely helped me sober up. And not kick any more unsuspecting or undeserving furniture. 

While also showing I can be as rambunctious and uncivil a drunk as I occasionally was in my student days, it also demonstrates you can binge drink while on a diet without going over your (calorie) limit. Not a healthy diet, but if you’re only looking to lose weight you can meet that objective while still being inebriated enough to think that karaoke is the greatest idea ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment