Tuesday 10 September 2013

I Ate Some Chips and I Liked It



         On target and down to 212lbs - but the end of next week I should be below 15 stone! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it. Not that I can do much with it - it's not like getting a new car, for example. I can, however, throw out more of my fat-me clothes as they look a little ridiculous now. I actually changed what I was wearing on Saturday because of it. I'm feeling pretty proud and getting a lot of encouragement.
           
            However, as you may have gathered from the title of this post, I failed on my abstinence against potatoes. I do have a reason - my current diet is low in fibre, which those of you who know about these things will appreciate causes problems. For those of you who don't, fibre is important for getting rid of food once you're done with it. And, last night as I looked down upon my side of chips (came with the meal, not ordered specially) I was reminded by one of my companions that potato does contain fibre. So I admitted it served some purpose and tucked in - I was okay for calories as I had been planning to get something in the cinema we were going to after that, so skipped that instead.

            Obviously, I stand by my arguments which pollute this post; you shouldn't eat potato. A quick internet search revealed bananas are fairly high in fibre which is great news as they're high in potassium as well - something else my diet is lacking. So I have invested in some of those and will be munching my way through one a day as often as possible.
           
            I also bought some multi-vitamins. Personally, I believe you can get everything you need vitamin/nutrition wise from actual foods. This is correct; one can. It does not, however, mean that one does. My diet, while staying on top of my calorie intake, does not look after my nutritional needs completely and so while I look into amending that (for example, by having a banana a day) I will be taking them. Hopefully this will improve my general health and possibly even my demeanour - poor health, poor attitude after all - and I will detail that here over the next thirty days.
           
            Last update is that I have downloaded an interval training app after being beaten over the head with the instruction to do so. It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as I feared, but I am still suspicious. Partly, I'm naturally suspicious of anything new but also if I can't do it then I'll never live it down. I guess the only way to prove I can is by doing, though, so it will happen. I've also had a sleep cycle app recommended to me, as apparently unnatural sleep patterns can cause diets to be less effective. I can wholly believe this is the case, so no suspicion there. I will be giving it a look, which unfortunately means giving up my irregular but socially rewarding sleep pattern. Frankly, I'd rather live and staying up until 1-4am variously throughout the week is probably unnecessary.
           
            So there's the new update, enjoy. As ever, questions welcome; I will provide whatever assistance or information I can. Thanks to those who have already sent me an email/message or asked in person - it's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself with these posts!
             

1 comment: