Monday 23 September 2013

Serious Birthday Binging



           I want to begin by saying I'm aware this is a week late. New job and stuffs. Distractions, mostly good. It's here and I'll try to keep up but no promises ^^ I cannot know exactly what the future holds so delays may occur again in the future. I'm sure we'll all survive.
          Two guesses what this post is about - you first guess is wrong if it was 'Chad's Birthday'. It was my brother's; Friday 13th September. It was a nightmare, but a good one. Bowling, drinking, feasting and good times were had. Net result is that I now weigh 213lbs. Which is a gain of one pound. How did I achieve this? Well, let's start at the top:

            Step 1) All you can eat world buffet. I ignored the salad bar.
            Step 2) I drank beer, primarily, rather than keeping with my normal tactic of drinking spirits. I probably drank less units but definitely more calories.
            Step 3) McDonalds. Yup. I had to sober up and it was the only place open. On the upside, some of it wasn't eaten and ended up on the floor. For those of you aware of my youtube channel the competition between myself and a friend for 'Semi-Olympic Chicken Nugget Catching' is showcased there.
            Step 4) Full roast dinner with all the trimmings. Family birthday meal, it would have been rude not to finish my plate.
            Step 5) Seconds of full roast dinner.
            Step 6) No additional exercise.

            There you have it lads and lasses - how to gain a pound of weight in three days! I also crashed my car in a builder's, broke my work laptop twice, the printer once and almost locked myself out of the show flat I work out of. So it was a weekend of chaos, excess and indulgery (totally a word) that I thoroughly enjoyed.
            In other news, I've got a little depressed about how little I can eat. My calorie limit per day is now 1420, which amounts to about three off-the-shelf sandwiches. Since I make my own I actually get to eat a little more but you get the picture; I'm starting to feel the hunger. As discussed over a lunchtime-meeting with a friend at a new, surprisingly nice cafe in the area I'm also running out of ideas for what to write here each week, hence the delay in this post. What are the remedies? How do I cure these various diet related ills?
            Well, the doctor has it: Gym. Firstly, I still have that membership I was meant to cancel. £60 wasted means I've got to work a lot of value out it and it'll help me get fitter - something I've become increasingly more concerned with as I approach my weight goal. Secondly, it gives me more to eat each day for a little bit of work - 303 calories in 25mins isn't bad at all, and I only left because my brother was bored and I drove use down. I suppose I could have let him drive back and then walked myself home, getting more exercise in, but I figured I'd done well and if I could keep up that kind of work three or four times a week from now on (God knows when I'll find the time but it'll have to be a priority) I'll get in shape, continue to lose weight and get to eat more a day. Win, win, win, it seems.
            How am I going to motivate myself for this? Well, I am getting motivation from several third parties, some of them via encouragement and some of them by out and out bullying. However, being called fat continuously has worked and I've made this effort so if it could stop until I stop going to the gym that would be FAB. Thank you, as usual, to all those involved in helping me on whatever level you do - from refusing to cook me desert or taking chips/crisps off my plate while we're playing games. It all helps and I'd be ungrateful not to be appreciative.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment