Monday 4 November 2013

Home straight and ambitious extras.



            Fourteen stone, four and a half pounds. 75% of a single stone of weight left before I hit my goal. I'm very excited. You know what else I am? Surprised that I've still got a bit of a belly - I have had not one, not two but three good friends prove to me however that it's not uncommon for a man to have a bit of a belly. An excuse? No. Acceptable? My society, maybe, but not by me. Personally I want to be admired rather than classed as mediocre or average and thus I am going to work to be admirable.
           
            I'm doing more focused ab work at the gym and trying to get sit-ups in on a daily basis. I've also decided to extend my target; I will still be lowering the strictness of my diet when I reach 14st but I will be sticking with it until I hit 13st rather than 13 and a half. This is partly to finish killing Gregory but also because if I can get to 13 and maintain it I will be even more impressed with myself. There's a chance I may go even lower depending on how I feel. But for now I'll only move the goal posts a little bit.

            This weight reached is pretty impressive since I went to a very early Thanksgiving this Sunday which basically killed me, or so I thought. However through stringent psychological training and zen-like meditative abilities I have managed to stay on course. And damn am I proud; after last week's slip up I feel like Vader must have when he destroyed the base at Hoth - bearing down on a goal that was soon to be within his grasp!.

            And so, amongst all this happiness, what am I adding to keep my feet on the ground? Well, Thanksgiving held but two vegetables - green beans and sweet potatoes - and so was not massively nutritious. To make things worse the sweet potato was covered in marshmellows. I don't know why this wasn't a desert but it was amazing. I highlight this because my diet, such that it is, lacks somewhat in nutritious content. This is because, mainly, I haven't been monitoring it and/or taking other people's advice about what I eat as well as how much. Cue the 'I told you so!'s.

            To remedy this I am resurrecting my use of the My Fitness Pal app as it can go someway towards tracking my nutritional intake which is exactly what I need. I am still taking my multivits but I would ideally not need to take them so by making this change I can start my path towards complete dietary independence.

            In other news I totally hit my target for increasing my gym workout. I'm on 20k in 80minutes and quite comfortably - I think I could actually go a little longer on some of the machines (Not rowing. Screw that increase until next month) but for now I'm happy to maintain the new target until I began to get comfortable. Likewise, I have upped my weight work to make sure I keep benefitting from that as well and am now doing 100 situps at the gym. ONE FRIGGING HUNDRED! Three months ago I could barely manage fifteen.

            I'm still getting the compliments and preening each and every time, although I'm getting much better responding to them. I'm also throwing out many of my fat man clothes and wearing tee-shirts that I think are a little too small but actually look better than wearing one-man tents. And I'm very, very nearly past the stage when I care what random strangers think.

            I have discovered I need a new hoodie though so that's on the Christmas list and I'm getting ambitious and requesting a medium. BAM! How's that for optimism? As always, please comment or subscribe or both, feedback is always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment